.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Cook's Books and More

Last night I went directly to North Berkeley after work, hoping to get some Cheese Board City Bread and avoid the trip in this morning. They were sold out for the day, but the trip was definitely not a total bust, as I went to the Produce Center for some produce and got myself half a HOT Cheese Board pizza du jour (roma tomatoes, several cheeses, red onions, garlic, and garlic oil).

Between the produce and the pizza, I popped over to Black Oak for some reading material and got two items I've been waiting for in paper for a while: Feeding a Yen by the always entertaining Calvin Trillin and Cooking for Mr. Latte by Amanda Hesser. I will try some of the recipes but am hooked by her prose. The comparision to the late Laurie Colwin seemed apt in that department. If her recipes are half as successful as La Colwin's I shall be pleased.

I decided to blow off more errands in the area as I had a warm pizza and a bottle of wine at home with my name on it. I did manage to clean out the veggie bin and make the vinaigrette (I will learn to spell that word if it kills me) for the tri-tip marinade (for IMBB #6) and get that started off before retiring with a glass of Two-Buck Chuck, the last piece of 'za (why, yes, I did eat the whole half), and a book.

I am going to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market today and will read Trillin on BART as I go in. I do have one tiny end of bread left and some tomatoes that are getting soft, so am considering making ONE serving's worth of bread salad to go with the tri-tip. Not traditional, but very, very good!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home